Hersey & Son London Silversmiths – Valentine’s gift ideas + a giveaway!
We’ve recently teamed up with Hersey & Son who is one of the few remaining traditional silversmiths in the UK. As you know, we only work with brands that we love, and we’re so pleased to be able to work with this small independent company. Manufactured by hand in their London workshop, their sterling silver jewellery, homeware and silver gifts have been a trade secret for nearly 70 years. Craftsmanship is at the core of everything Hersey & Son does and rest assured if they can’t do something then they’ll find the greatest independent businesses who can; their enamel cufflinks are hand painted by friends in Birmingham, their crystal decanters are mouth blown in Devon, and their gemstones are hand set in Jaipur.
Many of the items sold at Hersey & Son can be engraved making them lovely affordable luxury silver personal gifts! A great thing to keep in mind with Valentine’s Day coming up soon! We’ve got some great gift ideas below, as well as a fantastic giveaway for some lucky sixpence cufflinks which would be the perfect finishing touch to those groom details on your wedding day!
For those who love their partner to the moon and back, there’s a beautiful pair of moon earrings, and a necklace to match (which can be customised with an initial added to give it a more personal touch).
You can never go wrong with love hearts on Valentine’s day, so these heart earrings and bracelet are not only super cute but also great for everybody. We even like these for a Galentine’s gift for those who aren’t celebrating with their other half.
If you’re being sentimental then these heart photo frames are a thoughtful idea, filled with different memories you have together, or even with different words in each frame to create a little art piece. They come in a set of one, two, three or four – this could be a great idea for the amount of years you’ve been together, big milestones you’ve hit (getting engaged, buying a house, children etc).
As well as the items we’ve chosen above for Valentine’s gift ideas, keep in mind that Silver is the theme for a 25th wedding anniversary, and if you’re going with modern gifts instead of traditional then a 5th wedding anniversary gift is silverware!
Now don’t go thinking we’ve forgotten we said there was a giveaway! (Or maybe we were hoping you would forget so that we could keep these for ourselves?!)
We have a pair of hallmarked silver lucky sixpence cufflinks to giveaway to one lucky person. These are a lovely gift for a groom to bring him luck on his wedding day, or even to bring luck before an important occasion or exam. The genuine sixpences are cleaned and are set in handmade hallmarked solid silver cufflink backs.
Sixpences are traditionally believed to bring wealth, good fortune and good luck to the keeper and we’re going to give these away on February 9th – just in time for it to arrive for a Valentine’s gift. All we want to know is who you would give these gorgeous cufflinks to (or if you’re going to keep them for yourself) and why. We have three places that you can enter, and each one counts as a seperate entry.
– Here on the blog – simply comment below.
– On Instagram – scroll through our feed and find the cufflinks image, like it, follow us, and tag someone else who might like to win.
– On Facebook – Like our page and comment on the cufflinks post (pinned to the top of the page).
Entries will be closed at midnight on February 8th and we will announce the winner the next day. Terms & Conditions: UK entrants only.
Everybody knows the saying “something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue”, but did you know that the end of that is “and a silver sixpence in her shoe” – don’t ask us why you’d put it in your shoe?! That must be irritating under your foot? Thankfully Hersey & Son also have a lucky sixpence pendant so you could keep it around your neck which would be much more comfortable!
Competition Terms & Conditions:
- To qualify to enter the competition you must be resident in the United Kingdom.
- The prize is not transferable and cannot be substituted for a cash alternative.
- The winner will be selected at random from those entries received after the competition has closed. If you are a winner, we will notify you. Let’s Bee Together’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s name may be published on the Let’s Bee Together wedding blog, and social media after the closing date of the competition.
- Let’s Bee Together reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this competition at any time anytime without prior notice. Any changes will be posted within the rules on the site.